How and when do I get paid?
When you create an event listing, you can choose for Bold Type Tickets to process your customers’ payments on your behalf or to process them directly with your own Stripe payment processor.
Using Bold Type Tickets for payment processing
If you use Bold Type Tickets' payment processor to handle your event's sales, we collect all revenue on your behalf, then pay you out after the event has concluded.
Going on sale:
- Ticket sales can begin immediately.
- Event funds are collected through Bold Type Tickets’ payment processor and are disbursed on the Wednesday following your event. Disbursements can be made by check or direct deposit.
- Payments will be processed in USD.
- To receive payouts by check, please submit a signed W-9.
- To receive payouts by direct deposit, please submit both a signed W-9 and a signed ACH authorization form.
Who gets what:
- Your organization receives 100% of all ticket revenue, plus any facility fees (if applicable).
- Bold Type Tickets keeps the service fee, plus the 3.2% processing fee.
Note: If your organization's tax information or status changes, please resubmit a signed W-9.
Using your own integrated Stripe payment processor
If you'd prefer to process payments on your own Stripe account in order to get access to your event's proceeds as sales happen, Bold Type Tickets can integrate directly with Stripe! All revenue will go to your organization at first; you'll keep the ticket proceeds and the collected processing fees, while we'll invoice you weekly for our service fees.
Going on sale:
- You will need to create or link an active Stripe account before selling tickets.
- Event funds are sent directly to your Stripe account as purchases are made.
- Payments can be processed in USD or CAD.
- Any necessary information will be requested by your payment processor service.
- You do not need to submit any tax information to Bold Type Tickets.
Who gets what:
- Your organization retains 100% of all ticket revenue, plus any facility fees (if applicable).
- Your organization receives the 3.2% processing fee, but is responsible for paying any transaction fees charged by Stripe.
- Bold Type Tickets will invoice your organization on a weekly basis for service fees only.
- Invoices can be paid online through your invoice, by phone at 888-377-4510, or by mail at Bold Type Tickets, 800 Maynard Ave S, Suite 200, Seattle, WA 98134.
You can integrate a Stripe account with your Bold Type Tickets organization by heading to the 'Organization Settings' menu in the upper right corner of your Bold Type Tickets dashboard, and then clicking ‘Payments’:
Click 'Connect with Stripe' and log in to your Stripe account on the following screen. Your Stripe account will now be connected to your Bold Type Tickets organization.
Don't have a Stripe account? No problem! Click 'Connect with Stripe' and you can create one and authorize your Bold Type Tickets organization to access it all at the same time.
Once Stripe is integrated with your Bold Type Tickets organization, click 'Select' on the payment section of your Organization Settings to make your Stripe account the default payment processor for all of your events. To change the default back to Bold Type Tickets's processor, click 'Select' on the Bold Type Tickets option.
Changing payment processor settings for a specific event
Don't want your default payment processor active for one of your events? Start by heading to your Dashboard and locating that event in the All Events page.
Once you've navigated to the event, select 'Payment' from the Event Menu.
Click on the payment processor you'd like to use to collect funds. Moving forward, purchases made for that event will be processed through the merchant account you specified.